Saturday, September 13, 2014

Stacking The Shelves



I allowed myself one Liberty Bay Books spree trip yesterday and have come home with a respectable stack, so I'm linking up with Tynga @ Tynga's Reviws and sharing the glory! Don't forget to link up too, and share your thoughts and your haul in the comments below!


Althea and Oliver: This one was one of those round two picks. I saw it once and glanced over the synopsis and wasn't too impressed. The second time around I still wasn't that impressed, but I figured, hey what the heck, why not give it a shot. I'm only a few pages in but I'm really liking it so far.

Zodiac: This one didn't have much of a synopsis on the back but I picked it up anyways, not really knowing what it was about. I just read the synopsis on Goodreads and it sounds super cool. I don't read a lot of Sci-Fi  but Zodiac signs? How cool does that sound?

The Beige Man: As you probably know by now, I love crime novels and shows, so this one was a no brainer. I only now realized it is book SEVEN in a series. So, I'm just crossing my fingers that it will still make sense without the rest of the series.

Far From You: I loved the concept, and of course that cover. I enjoy stories with that whole, "no one believes me, everyone is against me" thing going on. (When it is done well/right.)

Midnight Thief: I've been hearing really great things about this one and it sounds really good. I love the occasional fantasy and the entire premise sounds simply epic. My one qualm, every time Kyra's abilities are mentioned in the synopsis, they are described as uncanny. There was an uncanny amount of uncanny being used.

So, what does your haul look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment