Thursday, August 2, 2012

Darker Still

Darker Still

Leanna Renee Hieber

New York City, 1880. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing... Lord Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.

This book is beyond words and Leanna's writing is so amazing I am actually frightened to review the book because I don't think I can do it justice but here goes! Natalie absolutely fascinated me her personality winning me over and Leanna's choice for Natalie to be mute really added to the story and showed how we react and how we treat and feel towards those in society who are not like us and like our picture of normal. Watching Natalie find strength in herself and learn the true meaning of faith, trust, and love right alongside Jonathon is breath taking and completely enthralling.  I loved that Leanna wrote the novel in the form of a journal it mad the story so much more vivid! The story line is unparalleled, it's so original I love love love it! I have no idea how she came up with it! Leanna's mix of different religions and historical cultures is absolutely astounding and every detail stays 100% true to each religion and culture showing she did her research well. For which I applaud her. The plot is done masterfully with numerous twists and turns, and stunning climactic events. You will be holding your breath as you read on to see what happens next. This is a must read and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series! 5 stars from me.

P.S. I mustered up the courage to ask the lovely Leanna for an interview! I have no idea how I found the guts to do it but by some miracle I did. So if she has time and says yes I will be posting that too! Just for you loves! ;)

Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment