Friday, August 3, 2012

Angelfire

Angelfire

by

First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.


I was sooooo excited to read this book after I read the synopsis that I actually read it before all the others on my TBR list and before all the sequels and next books in series that I was reading too. You already know how i feel bout angel, nephilim, fallen related books. Again I thought "oh this will be so good it is so original and different! It sounds AMAZING! I HAVE to read this and soon!" I read it and kept thinking oh it will get better, oh it will get better soon, and sadly it never did. It was just ok never good or great let alone the AMAZING I was expecting. Courtney's writing was good not stunning or super impressive but good all the same. The plot was fine but rather predictable in my opinion with the exception on one thing I didn’t see coming but that didn't balance it out or make up for the rest of the plot. The characters were ok but I felt that Courtney didn't really go into any great detail about anything so that made the characters and story over all rather bland. I am not going to bother reading the next books. I am extremely disappointed. I give it 2.5 stars. 

Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment