Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Touch Mortal

A Touch Mortal

by Leah Clifford

Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.



Ladies and gentlemen, I give you yet another great read! And another angel book...sigh. So don't get me wrong here I love angel and/or nephilim and/or fallen angel books but then they got super popular and suddenly they were everywhere and all so similar it is starting to get boring! "Why do you still read them then?" you ask well, I really can't say, I guess because lots of them sound good and I continually hope that the ones I read will be different, original, take the theme in a totally different direction. Sadly lately my picks haven't fulfilled that fantasy and this was one of those un-fantasy-fulfilling ones. Yeah Leah took it a different direction by adding some players that are new and original and slightly changing the everyday life and personality of Angels and Fallen and the process of Falling, but for some reason it didn’t really help the situation for me. Regardless it was still a good book and better than it could have been and I think readers will love it. Leah's characters will draw you in and have you hooked. I love love love the fact that Eden is nothing like the average female MC or heroine, and her strong, defiant personality makes her character great along with her will to always fight for the good of others even when that becomes nearly impossible and can I just say, Eden, I LOVE your style! ;) Umm I don't really know what to say about character development in this book... I guess I was just so involved in the story it's self that I really wasn't paying any attention to character development. Oops! Sorry about that! Dear Leah, you have amazing writing skills! You write with so much more detail and color that any other author in any genre I have read recently. You painted a picture with your words that was vivid, detailed and just plain amazing! I applaud you! (*clap* *clap* *clap*) Sincerely, your forever fan. Ok I am done fan girling, moving on...plot! I was surprised suspense was not really used even at the end which I was slightly disappointed about, but regardless the plot changed enough and lacked enough rising and falling action to make it boring so that's a plus and the added twists and betrayals will leave you shocked! This book gets a 3 out of 5 stars from me.

Briana

No comments:

Post a Comment