Tuesday, September 16, 2014

They All Fall Down


They All Fall Down

by Roxanne St. Claire

Every year, the lives of ten girls at Vienna High are transformed.

All because of the list.

Kenzie Summerall can't imagine how she's been voted onto a list of the hottest girls in school, but when she lands at number five, her average life becomes dazzling. Doors open to the best parties, new friends surround her, the cutest jock in school is after her.

This is the power of the list. If you're on it, your life changes.

If you're on it this year? Your life ends.
---
Expected Publication Date: October 14th, 2014
Received From: Liberty Bay Books 
Format: ARC
---
(You can win a copy of this one and several other books here!) It was really the title and the cover and the sheer ridiculousness of it all that made me pick this one up. I mean really, it sounds shallow and cheesy, and it was pretty cheesy and REALLY crazy, but it was so, SO, fun!

It was like a soap opera, it sucked you in! I knew it should be stupid but I just couldn't put it down!

The action,  there was the perfect amount of action! It was thrilling and kept you on your toes, but it wasn't like solid action and epic fight scenes. 

Plot, there was a lot going on. A LOT. But the way the plot was paced was really nice, and it was stretched out so that it was never confusing. Also, it made it so that you could have theories and suspicions, but never know exactly what would happen or what the end result would be. 

The characters, while not extremely extraordinary, I felt they were easy to picture, and fairly well rounded and developed. The personalities were likable and understandable, and it was easy to love them and accept their flaws.  

The romance was well paced, and pretty darn cute. It wasn't like the cutest relationship that I've ever read, but I still really, really loved it. The love triangle part was a bit annoying, but not overwhelmingly so.

There was a lot going on. I didn't really like that there was so many really different wild things going on. I liked the individual things, but all of it together was a bit much at times.

The writing was pleasant enough. I didn't really have any qualms about it, but it didn't have me jumping up and down either.

Last Thoughts: This is a great "just for kicks" read. It is wild and wacky and a little bit cheesy, but it is so much fun. It's cute, unique and action packed with some moral themes and speaks to teens. I'd recommenced it and it would be four and a half stars based on entertainment value but for over all I'm giving it three and a half stars out of five as a final, overall rating.

Add it on Goodreads  and Liberty Bay Books!



Gif. Consensus: 

4 comments:

  1. This looks so cool and, well, creepy. I'm totally adding this to my TBR though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! It is also pretty funny!:) I hope you enjoy it! Did you see that you can win it here? http://readerwritercritic.blogspot.com/2014/09/love-stacks-is-back.html?m=1

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, love that smushing-food-into-mouth gif! That's how I eat when I'm ravenous! ;)

    Talking about gifs: TAG!! YOU'RE IT!!!!!!!!
    http://onceuponabookishtime.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/the-book-gif-tag-i-behead-furniture-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love it so much. :D Haha me too!!

      Uffda, thank you! I will try my best, I maybe late but I wilk do it ASAP.

      Delete