Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stacking the Shelves!


I have officially realized that the picture I use for these posts was made when I was young and ignorant and inexperienced (well more so than I am now), and that it looks extremely awkward.
...Yeah...I'm really sorry guys. I need to change it and I plan on changing it, but that hasn't happened yet because I don't have much time on my hands, but I'm hoping that by the time I do another one of these posts I'll have at least something different up, and hopefully better. 

I am linking up with Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews again this week to share my lovely haul!

Net Galley and Publishers:
I have already started reading Accession by Terah Eudun. I don't want to give too much away about my opinion so I'll just say it's interesting, take that which ever way you want. Thanks Net Galley and All Night Reads for the e-ARC copy!

I have to admit I requested this without realizing it was book 2 in a series. But I'm still super excited to read it because it has been forever since I've read an angel/Neph book and even longer since I've read a good one! Don't worry I'm going to get the first book and read it before I start Haze. Thanks Net Galley and Random House of Canada Limited for the e-ARC copy.


I went crazy and raided all their shelves and this is the result. I did attempt to contain myself and I think I did pretty well. 

Of Monsters and Madness: It's Gothic horror! What other reason do I need to want to read it? Oh, and one assistant is named Edgar and the other is named Allan Poe. Yes Jessica Verday really did that. I know. I too am torn between applauding and punching something. 

Tabula Rasa:  It had me at, "The Bourne Identity meets Divergent."  Two of the best things ever. What more could you want?

Suspicion: If the stunning cover and England setting isn't enough for you, then I don't know what your problem is. (Not really, it's ok that isn't enough for a lot of people, I just forgot what I was going to say so I said that instead.) One of the first lines of the synopsis is, "There's something hidden inside the Maze" and not only is that the first line of the synopsis, but it's the last words of the main character's father. That got me intrigued, I don't know about you.

Seeker:  The amazing cover and chilling sentence on the front caught my attention. ("The Truth Will End Them All.) Once I read the Synopsis, I knew I just had to read it.

Now That You're Here: I'm not really sure how I feel about this one. It seems like it will be kind of mind bending, and it is definitely weird, sorry unique, concept wise, but in what I hope is a good way. 

The Iron Trial: I don't really have favorite authors, or follow particular authors, but when I say Holly Black and Cassandra Clare's names on the same odd box I knew I had to see what it was. THE BOOK COMES IN IT'S OWN LITTLE GOLD AND SILVER CARD BOARD BOX. Can we just take a moment to appreciate this? And it opens on the front like little doors to reveal the book and instead of a cover it is a letter from the two authors talking about writing the book together! I just had to try it. 

Early Birthday Presents from Friends:

I have the best mom and friends ever. My mom had them come and surprise me for an early birthday get together and town wide (well...downtown wide) scavenger hunt! And being the sweet little nuggets that they are, they brought me presents! Willa and Max got me gift cards (AKA free books of my choice) one for Barnes and Nobel and the other for Liberty Bay Books!  My sweet little angel Catherine, bought me a copy of Rebel Belle! She had the good fortune of being able to peruse my TBR shelf on Goodreads for specific book ideas. ;) And yes, Catherine, you can borrow it when I'm done. x) 

Products of My Prompt Use of The Barnes and Nobel Gift Card:


The Girl From The Well: I almost squealed out loud when I saw this one on the shelf! I've been dying to read it for months and finally it is in my grubby little hands! Amity got me all watered up for some more great horror and I'm hoping that The Girl From The Well will satisfy that need. 

Throne of Glass: I'm finally doing it guys. I finally convinced myself to at least buy Throne of Glass. I've been avoiding it as I frequently do with books that have a lot of hype, but so many of my friends loved it to pieces that I decided I'd at least eventually read it. I guess today is that eventually. 

E-book Purchased from my own Shallow Pockets:

I went ahead and bought Shadows with the hopes of being able to read it real quick so that I can finish Haze in a timely manner. 

Thank you so much to everyone that gave me books this week! 







No comments:

Post a Comment