Monday, August 25, 2014

Launching in 5...4...3...2...1...BLASTOFF!



I am so excited to FINALLY be able to kick off this event! I hinted that this was coming months ago but it took a lot longer than originally planned! I know that while not all of my followers are bloggers, a large majority are, so I wanted to do something for all of my blogger minions out there.

One of the most important things I've realized through my years of blogging is that no one knows what they are doing. We like to think we do. We like to think that there is this rule book that we all follow, and everyone knows everything just because they are bloggers, and that there is some magical source that tells us everything we need to know. Sadly that's just not how it goes. You learn how to do things, by doing them, and screwing (see what I did there? SCREWing...tools...yeah it was bad, sorry.) up a lot. Sometimes we learn things from other bloggers or by asking for help, but really, most things are different for everyone anyways, because everyone has just been doing there own thing. I used to be ashamed when I didn't know what things were like GFC or the Liebster and Sunshine awards. Now I realize that a lot of people don't until they ask and/or do a lot of digging and research. It's ok to not to know!  The only problem for me is that realizing this doesn't help because I don't like not knowing. I have to know!

So I created this event so that bloggers new and old can learn a little bit more about blogging and can know a little bit more, without having to figure it out the hard way. Tools of the Trade will be a week long event, with helpful post written by bloggers for bloggers (and any non-bloggers are always welcome too!), in an attempt to share the knowledge that we've gained. Each day there will be a different guest post--and one of the days I'll do a post too--that shares tips, tricks, how tos, ect. Enjoy and here is to a great and inspiring week!

P.S. A huge huge thank you to all of the guest bloggers who helped me make this happen! (I'll do an acknowledgements post later on but I want it to be a bit of a surprise who will be posting and when, so I haven't named names yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment