Saturday, May 31, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

I'm so sorry that I've been gone for so long guys! I've had a lot of family stuff going on the past few weeks and there has just been too much going on to get a post in. My goal is to get at least three posts up this week. No promises, but I will try really hard. Now for all the good stuff...

Link up with Tynga @ Tynga's Reviews! Don't forget to comment or share with me your haul in the comments below, on Facebook, via email ect!

P.S. I actually took good pictures of the books! The day has come! And yes, yes that is a blanket in the background. Isn't it beautiful and cuddly? Thanks for making it for me Mom!

I borrowed:

I had nothing to read for a few days and I had been wanting to read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell for forever, so I asked Catherine to loan her copy to me, and Catherine, being one of the most awesomesauce best friends ever, complied. So thanks Catherine! I love you! I promise one of my posts in the next week of two will be a review of it.

From the "treasure" boxes at LBB:


See? No icky glare! I haven't heard of any of these books before so it should be an adventure reading them. I'm most excited about Rockoholic and Wickedpedia. Rockoholic sounds like it's going to be a riot and just beautiful and Wickedpedia is another murder mystery book and I always love a good mystery!I don't really know what Loud Awake and Lost is going to be like yet, but the synopsis sounded pretty cool. Comment or contact me with what you've heard about it or if you've read it what you thought about it if you have any thing to share about it. I'd love to hear it. Pointe sounded interesting enough as well, we'll see I guess.

I checked out:



I decided to stop in at my local library today because I haven't been in forever and I am so excited about all of these! 

Me when I saw Grim and Splintered on the shelf:
 
Then Alienated and Control:

It was a beautiful moment for me. These have all been on my TBR for a while and I am so flippin' excited to read them. Diamond over at Dee's Reads just did a review of Grim (see it here) so I am excited to read it and compare notes so to speak. I had wanted to read Splintered before but only a little bit, but then Cait and Mime from the Notebook Sisters read it and constantly gush about it and the rest of the series. We have a similar taste, so their reviews and gushing made me want to read it even more. (Read Mime's original review here and Cait's here.) Cait also read Alienated, as well as Zoe from The Infinite to Read Shelf, and Clarissa from Books Equal Awesomeness they all gave it pretty good ratings on Goodreads and most of my other friends on Goodreads have marked it to read. Plus, it sounds like it has a really interesting story line. 
You might recognize Control from my 2014 post where I listed 14 books that I was looking forward to reading in 2014. 

I want to read the library books first since they actually have due dates, but I want your help picking what one to start next, so what'll it be? Vote!


So what did you guys get this week?



And a little P.S....All the blogs mentioned above are some of my absolute favorite blogs so be sure to check them out and hit that follow button if you haven't already! It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment