Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Short and Sweet Reviews


I have two Short and Sweet style reviews for you guys today! Enjoy!

Uncaged

It took me a while to get into it and connect with the characters. After a while I grew annoyed and bored with the non Shay chapters, although I knew they were necessary to understand the story but they just weren't as much fun. I eventually fell in love with Shay and all of her friends from Twist's hotel and Twist himself. I thought their relationships seemed unlikely, because of the personalities and they way it all started. I don't know how to explain it but when you first met the characters it seemed like that kind of relationship just wouldn't be something they'd allow or want but then it just happened like right away, insta-trust, insta-friendship, and insta- favoritism. However the characters were so great together I could only be slightly bothered. Other than that it was decent and a good mystery. I give it three out of five stars.





The Bodies We Wear

This one was definitely emotional and worked with a lot of psychology and human nature stuff. The theme was a good one but at times it felt like it was kind of shouted at you at times. The characters were so hardened and distant it was hard to connect with them. I understand that that was how they were supposed to be, but they did't have enough depth and dimension for readers to really connect with them like they should, and want to. That was disappointing. The plot was ok, one of the big twists I knew and the other half of it was kind of wild, random, and ridiculous, not really working with the rest of the story. I didn't really like how it all ended either. It was not bad at all but it wasn't really a favorite. Two and a half stars to three stars.

Goodreads or Liberty Bay Books.









2 comments:

  1. The Bodies We Wear looks very good! Also I nominated you for a blog award: http://bookishserendipityco.ipage.com/3-inspiring-blogger-awards/. Let me know if you can participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! It truly means a lot to me but I'm going to have to pass. Sorry, and thanks anyways!

    ReplyDelete