Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Swoons

It's that delightful time of the week again where we discuss swoon worthy things! Feel free to link up! You can either use my theme or make your own. It's pretty short and sweet this time!

This week's theme is: Love Triangles!

Three of the loveliest love triangles:


Jeb/Alyssa/Morpheus

Ok, this has to be one of the most well done and most well loved love triangles ever, and not just in my mind. *subtly jerks head in Cait's direction* It works with the story, it's logical, and you can totally root for both the boys. I'm living proof of this. I have yet to decide between them, because they are pretty much equally flawed and they both seem like pretty decent choices. (To me. some people *clears throat* believe otherwise.)









Elijah/Callie/John

This one I sort of flip flop on but in the end I feel that it made sense to be a part of the story so it wasn't like it was just thrown on in there. Also, it was really logical (again, like in Splintered) that she would be interested in both of them, and that both of them would be interested in her. It also made sense for her to be torn between the two and I felt it added depth to her character. It was resolved beautifully too!









I'm really picky when it comes to love triangles so I was having trouble thinking of a third. I think I remember liking the Jem/Tessa/Will love triangle from Clockwork Angel, but I read it quite a while ago and I don't really remember.

The Lousiest Love Triangles:

Aspen/America/Maxon

This triangle was bothersome enough in the first book but by the second it was almost ruinous. I get that the center of almost the whole book was the triangle. That's ok, but the issue was how it was written. While it was logical America would love both Aspen and Maxon and they'd love her, the way the characters reacted to it, expressed it, and handled it was really really annoying (more so in the second book.) It was just really melodramatic.
(I still enjoyed the book.)



Tania/ Those two guys I cant remember the names of (the partner in the play and the boy from the vacation)

Ok this was awful because she went for and scored both of them at the same time. That's really all I have to say. Nothing about the secondary relationship helped the story or the characters. I don't really have much to say, I feel like that sums it all up. 

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater...









Damian/Alexa/Rylan

The resolution was the only lovely part of this love triangle. Go strong females! The second interest was almost haphazardly thrown into the ending where it didn't do anything for the story or the characters other than provide an excuse for Alexa to ditch Damian at the end and be a strong independent woman. I felt like it was a bit unnecessary and not very well done. It just wasn't my cup of tea (the triangle not the book. I liked the book.)









What are some of your favorite and least favorite love triangles? What swoon worthy topic should we tackle about next week?


































No comments:

Post a Comment