Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax


by Trinity Faegen

Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger--she is an Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx's biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant--God's promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he's finally found the girl he's been searching for: Sasha.

With the threat of Eryx always looming, Jax knows he has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?

I am a little bit embarrassed to admit this, but for some crazy reason when I picked this up I didn't think it was a romance. Sure I knew that it would play a big role but I thought it would just be a paranormal book with a heaping side of romance. I was greatly mistaken. I am pretty sure my copy even used the phrase "searing romance" or something to that effect.


It's sad I know. Let's move on now from my obliviousness. 

The story is pretty cool. It is based on unique mythology that I hadn't heard before and Trinity was obviously well educated on the subject it showed and she made it very clear so that you could easily understand and follow the reasoning behind everything.  

The plot was pretty good. It wasn't the best plot I've ever read but it wasn't bad at all . It was quite well done.  That's really all I have to say about that but this section looks so pitifully small, and it's bothering me. Oh and that ending....killer. It crushed my soul a tiny bit and I loved every second of it. 

The characters  were stellar! I simply loved everyone! (Even the icky evil ones.) Ajax/Jax was simply adorable he really wanted Sasha to love him. He wanted to do everything right, and he screwed up some times, and was pretty clueless about girls and relationships, but that just made him endearing and more adorable. 
Sasha was just the sweetest little thing, and despite being literally perfect for a lot of the book, you could still relate to her and her feelings, and it wasn't annoying that she was so flawless. (At least to me.)
Her relationship with Jax was probably one of the most well done relationships I've come across in YA. It was really realistic and addressed things like: what really is love/what does it feel like/ how do you know if it's love? and how relationships and love take work. You don't necessarily love someone from the start and it takes a lot sometimes to over come their flaws and learn to accept them. They show this, and they are super supportive of each other, and they don't just know they love each other the whole time, they have doubts and confusion. (Wow that sounds like a real life relationship, and a good one at that!) I loved them. They were brilliant.



The brothers were fabulous and so were all the other characters and that's that.

Long story short, I kinda loved this book. Just a smidge. I absolutely recommend it for people that like books like this. It is fabulous. I give it four stars out of five!


General consensus:







No comments:

Post a Comment