Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Short and Sweet Reviews

Wow guys, I really am sorry that it has been so long I really thought I'd get back sooner. Also, I haven't posted Short and Sweet Reviews in forever. So here I am writing a Short and Sweet Review.

Buy me!
 White Space
I was curious about this one mostly because of all the mixed feelings I had seen and heard about. Some people loved it, while even more hated it with a passion. I was open minded when I began but I was a little concerned that I'd hate it because it was so extremely large I was worried it would be extremely boring and overly descriptive. Thankfully ,I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised by the book over all. It was chilling and gory and sparked my imagination keeping my on edge and perfectly disgusted and thoroughly freaked out. The plot was actually well paced, and delightfully twisty, and mind bending. Overall it was pretty darn good and one of the creepiest, crawliest, and fairly confusing books I ever read. I'd certainly recommend it to those of you who likes these sorts of books, 4 out of 5 stars!





Buy me!
 These Broken Stars
I had heard so much hype about this one and I was so excited to read it! Sadly, I was very disappointed. I didn't get into it ever. I never felt the need to read the rest, I never hungered for more. In fact, 99% of the time I was completely indifferent to the entire scenario and book. I'm not entirely sure why. I had one huge issue with the book, but that was personal taste, and I'm planning to indulge and rant about that in a post soon. (I apologize in advance. This is my therapy. I have to get it out.) Anyways, it wasn't awful but it wasn't anything special either. I was left wanting a lot more and the ending was killer, then all of the sudden quickly resolved into happily ever after the end, all tied up in a neat little bow. I didn't know what to think of that. Overall I probably wouldn't recommend it necessarily but I wouldn't discourage people from reading it either. I give it a generous 3 out of 5 stars.  



Buy me!


Pushed 
After loving the first book in the Sense Thieves series, I simply couldn't wait  to get my hands on the second one, Pushed. I had great expectations for this one. I wasn't too disappointed, but it wasn't quite as great as Touched. It was still quite worth it, and Corrine managed to work in some important themes and messages. Overall, I liked it quite a bit. It was a solid read and gets 3 out of 5 stars from me.












The Goddess Inheritance
I was excited to finally read the third Goddess Test book! This one threw me off a bit because the time frame was really super short and kind of strange. The book pretty much just focused on one problem and because of this and the time frame the plot was pretty simple. It was enjoyable but nothing too especially special. I'd give it 2.5-3 stars out of 5. It is a pretty fun series.    





No comments:

Post a Comment