Thursday, December 12, 2013

Crazy Creatures of The Blogging World!

I am so psyched to post this (no really, you don't even know. I can barely contain myself right now)!  when I got a reply to my e-mail this was pretty much my reaction:
Then I actually got Cait's answers back and I read them and realized that she is like my blogger soul mate (don't ask what that means exactly because I honestly don't even know) and I basically became like their number one fangirl in like 5-10 min and now I am going about this post and just life something like all the fallowing combined (I work in stages and phases people, plus I am just so awesome that one gif wouldn't even come close to scratching the surface of me in life):
Anyways! As I was saying, Crazy Creatures of The Blogging World is back and today Cait from The Notebook Sisters is here being all crazy and creature-y and blogger-y and stuff! Enjoy the interview! I know you will love her and the interview!

First off, tell us all a little bit about yourself and your blog!
My name is Cait and I’m one of the Notebook Sisters! (We’re collectively known as Cait and Mime. The myths are true! We are, in fact…sisters.) I’m rather obsessed with books, superheroes, and the glorious invention of mint milkshakes. I’m 19 and Mime is 15.

How did you get started blogging and why?
We started blogging (2 years ago) after our trip to China. We wanted to share our photos (who doesn’t want to pictures of cow-stomach-soup and Beijing?) with our friends. After we exhausted all things China, we started blogging about our favourite thing in this galactic universe: books.

How did you decide what your blog was going to be like? (What things you were going to post about, the name, the design ect.)
Like I said above, it was originally a travel blog! (I know, hilarious.) Mime came up with “Notebook Sisters” because we were sisters (wait, we still are sisters) and we were writers. Now we post a lot of book reviews, participate in bookly linkups, and write about our views on life in general. The design? I tweak it every year or so. This time, I’ve made it from scratch (!) with an owlish theme, because owls are cute.

What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
Comparing thoughts with other bookworms! I love the support (and humour) of the blogosphere too.

What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your blogging, and how did you overcome it, or how are you currently working to overcome it?
Dang HTML. I don’t think I’ll ever figure out how to design layouts the way I want them to. Usually I pout and Google and follow tutorials, buuuut, let’s face it. HTML is another language.

What has been your favorite/craziest/most awesomesauce experience since you started blogging?
When real live authors have visited/commented on our blog! That is the best. Mime had an author comment on her writing and say it was awesome (eek!). I’ve chatted to authors and interviewed them (double eeek!).

What is your favorite type of post to write or feature to participate in?
Okay! I admit it! Writing about superheroes is ridiculously fun. (Fangirling, who doesn’t like it occasionally?)

What have been some of your favorite reads this year?
There are way too many to count. I’ll just throw a few at you. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (sci-fi with snarky dialogue…so awesome). Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis (apocalyptic stuff, lots of guns and bristly narrators). This Song Could Save Your Life by Leila Sales (contemporary with a smoosh of music).

In your opinion, what is key to making a book great?
Characters! If the characters are awesome, realistic, and relatable, the book is half way to being awesome.

What are you reading right now?
I’m rereading Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I wanted to reread the series before I gobbled Allegiant…which has a feels-crushing ending I’ve heard. I desperately need to find out.

Who are your favorite characters male and female?
Ha! Impossible question! Buuut, I’ll go Peeta and Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Not only is the series my all-time favourite, those two are ridiculously awesome. Real or not real? I ask YOU.

If you were to make your favorite book into a movie, what book would it be and who would you cast yourself as?
I would never ever no way cast myself into a movie! Gosh, I’m extremely shy! I don’t talk to the postman if I can help it. But if I could pick any book to be made into the movie? At the moment, I’d go Red Rising by Pierce Brown. It has awesome potential to be an action-packed-thriller. It has the feels, the scenery, and snarky characters. What more could you want?

Any last wise words for other bloggers, readers and authors out there?
Don’t eat pasta while you’re reading. The tomato-sauce red fingerprints on the book pages look kind of like…blood. It’s awkward.

Is there anything else you want to share about yourself? How can others find you and your blog online?
I’m everywhere! (Just kidding.) But, no really, catch me on Twitter, I’d love to say hi! And, of course, stop by my blog Notebook Sisters and talk books with me. (You definitely want to meet Mime, anyway, so come read some of her posts!)

Thank you so much for doing this it has been SO much fun having you!
It’s been awesome, Briana! Thanks for asking.

Isn't she just fabulous?! I mean really, how can you not love that epic personality?! And like she said Mime is a jar of awesomesauce too so be sure to go to their blog, stalk them on twitter or whatever and "meet" her too! (Don't actually stalk them on twitter that is just creepy. Not a good way to make friends.) Also, below are the links to buy all the different books she mentioned through Liberty Bay Books and to find them on Goodreads simply click the hyperlinked titles in the interview! And, another big huge thank you SO much Cait!

Insurgent

3 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for having me! It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had fun! It was fun having you and thanks for doing this! You and Mime are welcome back any time!

      Delete
  2. So fun meeting Cait! Loved your interview! So many good reads to check out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete